Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time Calculations and Midterm Reflection

Research (50)-13.7

Brainstorming (51)-7.8
Photography (63)-4
Graphics (65)-24.2
Revisions (66)-60.4
So these times are not really that accurate because I feel like I spent my entire life dedicated to Vis. Comm. So to say that I only spent 110ish hours outside of class is a gross under calculation on my part.  But now that I understand what Rusty is looking for and why we did these time sheets in the first place, they will be more detailed for the final portfolio.  There are several other things that I need to do better for the final portfolio as well.  First of all, I need to spend more time on the initial design instead of spending my time doing 500 revisions of the same assignment.  Another thing I will do differently is my beginning process.  Most of the time I would spend a good amount of time researching (if necessary) and brainstorming ideas (which were usually pretty good and well thought out), but I wouldn’t spend enough time planning the space visually or actually creating the image.  I usually went straight to the computer without sketching or doing any comps.  Overall, it’s been a rough first half to the semester, but now that I know exactly how this process goes, I know what things I need to change in order to have an even better second half.

And here is a picture of my puppy, Baxter.  I have no reason to put this on here other than it makes me happy, just like having this damn portfolio done!

No comments:

Post a Comment